Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Straight jackin'!

Got to the estuary before the tide peaked - skillful work on my part! Wind is doing it's thing, feels good. VERY gusty and gnarly on the launch site...

But once on the water it's a huck-fest... for the next 3 hours. Nothing fancy, just boost and glide and enjoy the view!

Spot who I thought was Adrian out on the water, also doing the boost... when he parked up, I took a break and had a chat.

Most boosts successful... now I'm feeling battered but happy ;)

Weather was reported as 43kph and falling... are they sure it's not actually knots? Max of 20˚C.
Wind felt like woohaa!

What I learned today...
  • Yes if you redirect too soon you can send the kite back a little and recover your glide.
  • Today wouldn't have been possible without a seat harness... guess there's still room for one in my gear pile.
  • There's never a camera around when you want one...

No comments:

Post a Comment