Monday, February 10, 2014

Better 'n yesterday and the snow wasn't so bad at all

So, the wind is up again. Looks like the same as yesterday...

Unbelievably, the Whale Scrot is dry :o so it's warm getting into that. Go with the 13 again, and the waist harness. Seem to have more power than yesterday but the waist is bugging me...

No fun boosts, some nice rotations but the waves are nice so I opt for the Dialer... long ol' session on that boy, trying to figure out how to do the nice carves. "Waves" were really nice and clean all along the beach... loverly!

Had a hard time with gybes and switching feet but nailed almost every switch to toe-side then carve... weird.

Snow poked me in the eyes a few times but it didn't stick around for long. 2.5 hour session - not bad!

Weather was reported as 14 to 16 knots, gusts to 26. 3˚C at 55%.
Wind felt like ok powered on the Origin to slightly over-powered on the Dialer.

What I learned today...
  • Probably better to use a smaller kite and be fully trimmed for max AoA than a bigger kite and trimmed in... loose too much steering input it seems.
  • I can carve heel to toe much better and constantly on my goofy side :o WTF is up with that?
  • Really need to learn how to start to the right as well as I can to the left...
  • Even with the holes, I like the WorkMan gloves more but my hands are still worn out :) happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment