Saturday, February 22, 2014

Back on The Big Stinky

Itching to get on the water, I headed out to the Estuary for high tide, regardless of the forecast. Looked ok, and the other guy there headed out so I thought I'd back him up. We did ok for a 1/2 hour of lame lawn mowing then it got gusty and shifty.

I gave up, he kept trying with lots of kites falling out of the sky.

Naturally, as we'd just finished loading our cars, the wind picked up from the NE... and I'm beginning to regret not going out again cos it looks like it's still blowing :(

Wind felt like 15 knots dropping to 10, lulls to nothing.

What I learned today...

  • Flat water much good. Bottom end so drop.
  • Jumping more difficult... but load n' pops go big.
  • Sun is terribly strong - feeling burnt through my hat :o
  • SunDog glasses are the goods - so like!
  • The bottom is less gooey and dirty - your feet don't come up with black mud stuck all over them... but it's still squelchy.
  • Launching on grass is a bit rough - you really shouldn't slide as the kite powers into the sky :o

No comments:

Post a Comment