Sunday, February 16, 2014

A nice send-off

Forecast looked grand, lots of red arrows. Got to the lake and had a hard time deciding between 10m and 13m... went with the 10 and the Flydoor and the Origin.

Went out first on the Origin and it was fine. Then the wind dropped and I grabbed the Flydoor... urgh, that felt so wrong. I wonder if that center fin should be removed!

Came in for a break and took the Flydoor back and got the Dialer, but the wind had picked up so I went back out on the Origin. Wind is still iffy, and everyone else gives up... just as the wind picks up :D have some good fun then!

Very bloody tired after 3 hours on the water... no wonder I can barely move my legs. Next session will be in NZ... although the forecast looks like crap there :(

Weather was reported as 17 to 20 knots then falling to 14, gusts no more than 40 and that was at midnight; 7.5˚C at 52%.
Wind felt like meh powered to giggles powered.

What I learned today...
  • Many different ways how not to set up a boost... thankfully, I didn't get spanked on any of them but came down hard on my bad ankle once. Ouchie.

No comments:

Post a Comment