Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Win some...

Supposed to be wind today, so I headed off to the beach. Looked like enough wind to try out the 2011 Slingshot Dialer… and nobody else was around, so it wouldn't be embarrassing. Much.

Not much wind... hot launch the 21 but run out of beach behind me before I get it up and inflated. Reset... try again. Success! REALLY freakin' light... I mentally prepare myself for a wet, messy kite...

Water is flat as, I've got a little bit of power in a dive... might just work.

Bit of a spaz getting the board near my feet and myself up onto it. Eventually get something to work and I get a nice long tack down to the marina. Success!

Walk and body drag back... repeat without as much success. I can get up on a plane sometimes but there's just not enough wind to keep it going. Plenty of mistakes and my shit going every which way but loose... but I had nice attempt!

More wind, please!

Moment of the day was that single powered tack to starboard. It lives!
Mood of the session was ho ho ho!

Weather was reported as 6 knots. 33˚C at 55%.
Wind felt like less than that! Tough job keeping the kite in the air... shouldn't have even been trying to ride.

What I learned today…
• It's a hard job getting onto a surfboard!
• With a bit of apparent wind, the bottom end is amazing.
• Strapless ain't so bad. Just wait for the wind though...

No comments:

Post a Comment