Thursday, July 18, 2013

Hmm...

Good wind forecast and we got it too. Left work just after 4 and trotted on down. Wind looked good...

Went with the XB13 in case we get thermals. Have a tack or two on the Z-series, but it's too light. Go out on the Dialer. Great fun! Made one gybe too... beginners luck :)

Wind has picked up so I switch back to the Z. Should have been a good boosting session but I just can't click with the board. Everytime I edge hard, the spray is so great that the board stalls. Not to mention, any time I edge at all or put weight on the front foot, the spray is tremendous :( shame, cos it's really frustrating and otherwise, the board is a charmer - fast (too fast if you can't edge), carves like a knife, smooth as silk through the chop (when you weight the back leg) and the pads/straps are terrific.

Good long session... home for a cold drink. Been a shitty day and it took a bit of the shine off the sesh.

Moment of the day was actually setting up for a boost, slamming into a breaking "wave" and leaving my board behind. Amusing. I hope the guy with the camera on the shore got that shot.
Mood of the session was whee hmm gah.

Weather was reported as 10 to 7 knots, gusts to 20. 27˚C at 66%.
Wind felt like I comfy on the Dialer to I should have been boosting sky-high but the board just wouldn't let me.

What I learned today...
• Demo boards before you buy.
• The Flydoor2 is a total machine... or maybe it's just the outline. Or the fins behind the heels.

No comments:

Post a Comment