Friday, July 19, 2013

Enema much?

Forecast for more than yesterday and while that what the weather station said, it didn't feel like it.

Started out on the Flydoor just to see if it would splash me like the Z. It did, but it didn't stall like the other one. I'll have to try it again.

So pootled around on the 'door then when I had trouble going upwind, switched to the Dialer. Nice wee session, getting used to that. Managed a few gybes going from starboard to port but there was a lot of falling over.

Tried out the 2013 Fusion too . . . jesus wept, I hope that thing stretches out soon!

Moment of the day was a single semi-decent carving turn.
Mood of the session was whee! wah! ahh.

Weather was reported as 16 to 12 knots, gusts to 24. 28˚C at 69%.
Wind felt like under- to happy-powered but wasn't consistent enough for big fun.

What I learned today . . .
• Should probably wear the short john suit to stop the harness going so far up my ass I can taste neoprene.
• Getting a feel for riding the fins. Noice.
• The old Flydoor . . . what a great bit of kit!

No comments:

Post a Comment