Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A lament for the 'radical

Forecast looked crappy so I went out for a ride on the Duke. New brake pads and tyres... what fun! But noticed the wind was up... crikey, quite a blow!

Get home and yes, the wind IS up so I head down the beach. Looks a bit light so I go for the Flite with the Dialer and Z just in case.

Really nice play on the Dialer in light wind. Reading the article on ikitesurf helped to cement what I'm doing/trying to do. Wind seemed to be picking up so I went for the Z...

Man, I just can't get with that. Good blow on but I spent 2-hours tacking out, doing a trick, loosing ground, and basically just trying to get back to where I started from without having to walk.

Spray in the fucking face, unable to load and boost... man, I want my Flyradical back :(

Moment of the day was riding the waves into the marina beach like a BAWS.
Mood of the session was la-la yeaaaaah argh.

Weather was reported as 12 to 13 knots, gusts to 19. 30˚C at 66%.
Wind felt like just-under to nicely-powered... I'd say 15-18 knots in the good spots.

What I learned today...
• The Z is not the board for me.
• Dialer is a board for me.
• Riding on the stopper is a good way to build speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment