Sunday, August 26, 2012

Back down to earth :(

Back in Japan, back to crappy summer southerlies... off to Mie with me! Checked the harbour cam in the morning - kites on the swimming beach?! Apparently there's racing on down there, which explains the Speed3 I saw...

Get there about 1pm-ish; wind looks good. I measured 8 to 20 knots though... go for the 16m XB but the repair on the Mystic harness has been stitched through the power-belt so I have to unpick that :-/ Have to self-launch (and make a gash in the LE :-/ FFS) and head out on the 'door.

Easy powered... but DANG after the smooth water of Thailand, the chop sucks ass. No really good jumps, don't want to do any 'tricks' cos the landing and take-off suck...

Play with the waves some too... got me thinking about how well a Sector 60 would do on days like today...

Had a mad polio dancer come rocketing in behind me, then throw a turn right in front of me... then fall over. Idiot!

Pack up and in the car at 4pm...


Mood of the session was mildly annoyed, mellow.

Moment of the Day was landing a jump on the face of a wave and actually surfing on down it. Dude!

Song stuck in my head was Electric Blue by Ice House. Oh I had a dream, for a moment I believed it was true... mmm, flat water...

Weather was reported as 15 to 18 knots with gusts to 21; 31°C at 67%.
Wind felt like it was pretty smooth, always powered, a few times slightly overpowered; but I should have been jumping higher :(


What I learned today...
• Chop sucks.
• That Mystic harness sucks. Colonoscopy, much?
• Chop really sucks.
• My 16m XB is a magnet for frickin damage... I'll never be able to sell it!
• Sigh... wish I was back in Thailand...

No comments:

Post a Comment