Sunday, May 6, 2012

Is more like it...

Last day of the hols for me; forecast looks good, thank god!

However, the weather had other ideas - I knew it was going to rain about 3-ish ... but hail? Seriously? In 15 degrees. Crikey! Once that was over though, the wind eventually picked up and the sky cleared and it was all good!

Well, it was better than yesterday. Wind was up and down and I had to concentrate solely on making ground upwind on occasions, but when the wind peaked around 5 it was great. Nice big jumps and as the wind dropped off, I did some rotations for the hell of it.

Pretty crowded out there, full turn-out for once. No real problems ... other than having to be super-careful about who was where when I was thinking about jumping - nearly landed on Mr. Fujii when he came ripping in almost under me :-/

Must have ridden for about 3 hours - I gave up when the wind was totally off ... and my legs were starting to be unable to cope with edging. Good day!

Moment of the Day was realizing that I can pretty much land any jump I do now ... sweet!

Mood of the Session was baffled satisfied worn-out.

Weather was recorded as 5 to 9 knots at 19°C 48% with gusts no more than 22 knots ... but that was at 10 a.m.
Wind felt like I was just powered at worst and well-powered at best. Could have done with a few more knots for some epicness though ...

What I learned today...
• As I said, landing 'regular' jumps seemed to have totally clicked.
• Good, clean pop is the key to jumping big. Messing that up ruins the jump ... big time!
• I should be doing rotations with my body more in the axis of the lines, rather than perpendicular to them ...
• That might solve my over-rotating when I get more loft than I expect.
• You have to look downwind, in front of and behind yourself before you jump ... problem with Flysurfers and their mad hang-time is how far you can float downwind and how much the traffic can change in the time you're in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment