Friday, May 11, 2012

Blah

Forecast was cranking, hourly wind reports was cranking, wind LOOKED like it was cranking the flags. Unfortunately, it was all show and no blow :(

Put up the big Speed3 21 expecting to be nicely powered but couldn't ride either the Mako or the Flyradical so I went back to the the car for the Flydoor. Meh, still mowing the lawn but at least I'm going upwind occasionally. And getting the odd nice jump ... shame I'm so close to the shore - nearly had a close call there!

Despite being so underpowered, I stayed out for just over an hour. Naturally, just as I start packing up the wind picks up again ...

Mood of the Session was blah blah blah.

Moment of the Day was that back roll that was totally supporting by the kite moving around over-head :D funny!

Weather was reported as 12 knots falling to 9 (BULL-SHIT!) at 12°C 79%. Bloody cold, wind-chill was nasty - water felt warmer!
Wind felt like I should have been at least a little powered ... but wasn't :-/

What I learned today ...
• I should have asked Miyachi to borrow one of the race boards - would have been a good day for it.
• My theory with the waves seems to be a good one.
• Good speed and pop can still produce surprisingly good jumps in light wind.
• As does sending the kite properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment