Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Better than nothing!

Contrary to the forecast, the wind looked good so I headed down to the lake. Wasn't that flash but I had to get out so I changed and loaded up with the Speed3 21 and the Flyboards ...

Mmm. Not going upwind on the 'radical so I switch to the 'door. Only just powered ... noodled around for a bit but didn't have much joy. Finally give up - had maybe a half-hour riding I guess :o

On the beach, started playing with lengths to adjust the SZ bridle and get the kink out of the kite tips. Seems like I won't need more than a couple of inches, otherwise the tip-most bridle pulls during turns and makes the tip look ugly. Need to do a mixer test, measure that line and have another fiddle ...

Mood of the session was mellow resigned not-unhappy.

Moment of the day was simply getting out and getting some air under the fins!

Weather was reported as 11 knots falling to 3, 19°C at 64%.
Wind felt like it was exactly as it seemed - I should have just gone home ... chop was gnarly though!

What I learned today ...
• Tweaking the bridles is easier than I thought but could be incredibly time consuming ...
• The kite seems to fly better without the tucks ruining the airflow ...
• Need to check a video or two of other 21's to see how they look when sheeted in.
• Next time, I'm buying a brand-new purple 21 :D

No comments:

Post a Comment