Thursday, June 30, 2011

Sour Sole Session

:(

Forecast was almost identical to yesterday ... but didn't live up to expectations. I took the SA2 and the Flydoor and Flyradical to the lake beach just in case the wind got up, but I think I jinxed it.

I got maybe two tacks upwind, the rest I spent walking and standing on sharp things like fish skeletons, weird caltrop seeds and glass. Didn't get much riding in, got even fewer jumps and even though we waited and waited, nothing eventuated.

Sigh. Still, the water was cool after a blistering hot day in the "office" with no air-con at all ... 36 degrees outside, I hate to think what it was inside ...!

Windspeed was reported as 4 to 5 knots between 4 and 8pm. I think we got a touch more, albeit briefly. 2.0 to 2.6 m/s ...

Moment of the Day was riding upwind past Soh, waving in a stately manner :D

What I learned today ...
• Balance on the board can have a big effect on low-wind boardspeed ... and thus, how well you go upwind.
• Gusts as the wind shifts direction can still upset the Silberpfeil and ...
• You can't ride through the gusts!

No comments:

Post a Comment