Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Physiotherapy? I feel good!

Wind forecast was for some, at the lake. Nice. But I'm feeling banged up - stiff muscles, tendons in the knees, ankle feels like hell, I'm sunburnt... really wondering if I should go at all.

Har! As if... dig out the full bottle of sunblock, my long-sleeve rash guard and toddle off to the lake.

Looks like it might be a Flite day but I'm going to go with my gut and GPV and so I take the Origin and the Dialer over to the lake with the XB13... and the Flite, just in case.

A tad of wind... go with the XB and try a run on the Origin. Riding, but walking some. Amazed that I could ride at all. So I go back out on the Dialer - riding upwind easy enough.

Bit out of sorts, not feeling as slick as I did on Sunday. Getting ok drive upwind though - outriding the lighter guys on 12's and directionals :D yah me!

Wind's picked up, I'm riding upwind way easy so it's time for the Origin. Yes, nicely powered now. But not boosting to the moon... a few ok-ish jumps and then I start in on the rotations. Damn, that board  disguises some nice pop with it's gentle launch! BIG back-rolls - happy!

So happy, that I start in on the double rotations... splash-downs but a hoot nonetheless. Wind drops off again and I nearly get stranded in the marina bay, but I ride the gusts back to the beach. Sun is going down, so I call it a day. I call it a GREAT day...

... as I get off the water, I release that nothing hurts - not my neck, shoulders, forearms, and my ankle only bothers me when I stand on it. Physio I can dig :)

Moment of the day was feeling so good I just HAD to throw down some stunts - double front- and back-rolls, kite-loop back-rolls... awesome!
Mood of the session was trepidatious, rapacious, bodacious.

Weather was reported as 9 to 10 knots, gusts to 16; 26˚C at 66%.
Wind felt like just nicely powered to underpowered. But OMG riding a "small" TT and a 13 in this weather? WTF?

What I learned today...

  • Origin is AWESOME!
  • Tough too - hit bunches of big solid posts floating the water... not a mark on the board.
  • Even getting used to the straps. Gotta be better ones around though.
  • Can't believe I was riding a 13 when others were on 12s and 10s - and was having fun.
  •  Miyachi has a 12m 2014 SB in the shop to play with. But Cab is out of some spares for my big bar :(

No comments:

Post a Comment