Sunday, October 27, 2013

Birthday #2 bimble

After the excitement this morning and 3 hours sleep, I thought I wouldn't be interested in the lake... ho ho ho, was I wrong!

Rocked on down about 2pm, jumped on the water and after a slow first few minutes, it was good fun. Started on the Dialer for 15 minutes maybe, but then the wind kicked it up again so I swapped back to the Origin.

Whee! But the wind dropped off after a while and it sucked.

Eventually I thought I'd had enough but then spotted the 2014 North Nugget amongst the demo gear and waited around trying to get a ride... Grandpa ended up chatting the guy up for me. You'd think with such a small market here, they'd be sucking dick to get customers!

So impressions from a couple of underpowered tacks...
  • Goes well in low wind - if you can get up on it, get it planning and keep the kite moving.
  • Don't know how much better it is that the Dialer but
  • The shorter length seems like it could be easier to throw around and
  • The fins seem to really lock it in...I might have to mod the Dialer.
Wish I could have gotten on the Rebel 10 too, but didn't have the gumption to ask... it was like pulling teeth to get the Nugget...

Oh well back to reality...

Weather was reported as 14 knots, gusts to 26; 18˚C at 47%.
Wind felt like an hour of good fun, an hour of slog with the some in the gusts and 30 minutes of time wasted.

What I learned today...
  • I want a Nugget now, too.
  • Deffo need the 4/3.

No comments:

Post a Comment