Friday, September 6, 2013

Work tomorrow - good, I need a holiday!

Forecast was for kick-ass on JMA but GPV said otherwise. Webcam confirmed. Went out in the morning to try to get some new togs - none in stock because it's now Autumn. Oh, that's why it's over 30 degrees huh? Dumbass.

Got home, wind was up, webcam looked good - headed down to the lake.

Gonna be taking Flite 175 Fun-town I think. Iwai-san offers the 17m Draft, but I decline cos I'm worried about ruining it on all the bamboo trash I think is going to be in the water. I was wrong on that, but had a great time with the Flite.

Went out on Ol' Faithful, some nice rotations but I'm going downwind. Swap out to the Dialer - much more fun! Some lovely carving turns, was flowing some mojo today.

Give up when my legs start to give out. 2 hours on a surfboard is a work out!

Moment of the day was all the luv-er-ly carves :)
Mood of the session was unsatisfied satisfied exhausted.

Weather was reported as 6 to 10 knots, gusts to 16. Balls. 27˚C at 67%.
Wind felt like slightly under-powered gusting to nicely powered.

What I learned today . . .
• I'm getting there! Dialer is starting to feel more natural.
• Driving the fins with weight on the back foot, board more flat, seems to be the best way upwind.
• Got some really good gybes in . . . my balance is getting better.
• Loose leg straps is less intrusive.

No comments:

Post a Comment