Sunday, September 8, 2013

Dialer joy, Flite wins!

Forecast wasn't too spectacular, but I kept an eye on the webcam and it looked like GPV was on the ball - so worth heading to the lake.

Liiight . . . Gloves Guy is out on his brand new 2014 Zephyr - game on, Garth! And . . . the Flite didn't let me down at all! Considering how much heavier I am, there was nothing in it. And of course, my board was bigger and I'm probably better at riding under-powered . . . but it's good to know ;)

Then I thought I'd try out the Dialer, and the Flite's speed came into it's own. Man, I had a cracking good session on it! Really feeling into it, and even trying some ollies I felt so good! Only ballsed a small percentage of gybes too . . . happy!

Rode till almost dark, when the wind really died off. Two hours out of nothing - not bad!

Moment of the day was any time I carved out a phat gybe and didn't fall in.
Mood of the session was hmm? aah! YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAH!!!

Weather was reported as 6 to 10 knots, gusts to 18; 25˚C at 75%.
Wind felt like 10 to 15 knots, gusts to 20; kite was trimmed when I was on the Dialer (a lot, at one stage) but was rocking around upwind just fine. Wind wasn't that good but the riding was epic. Ok the riding was crap but I had a great time!

What I learned today . . .
• Time for the short john, indeed.
• zomg I'm loving the Dialer!
• Togs need repair or replacement :(
• Should have taken waist harness.
• Need a smaller wave kite :D

No comments:

Post a Comment