Wednesday, September 4, 2013

That's more like it!

Forecast looked great, wind cam looked great, so I headed over to Tsu again, arriving about 11:30. The rain had petered out by the time I got to the beach. Looked good enough for the 13 and forecast was for picking up in the PM.

Perfect! Big jumps, fun carving up the waves... awesome! That went on for about an hour, then the wind got gusty and shifted to cross-shore, making getting out through the crisper breakers harder. Then it got really punchy and I came in. Then it dropped right off . . . and started raining like Noah had finished the ark.

Despite the sodden gear, well worth the trip!

Moment of the day was getting into the big jumps again. Ok no it wasn't - it was riding down that wave, "cutting back" and "bottom turning" with the kite drifting, feeling like I was riding a half-pipe! I get it now!
Mood of the session was super-stoked, concerned, annoyed and amused.

Weather was reported as 20 knots, falling to 8 :( gusts no more than 30 knots. 27˚C at 85%.
Wind felt like perfect, building to unhappy, falling to unhappy.

What I learned today . . .
• I'm a bit rusty on the really big airs, but it comes back quickly.
• Why people like waves.
• If big rain is forecast in the surrounding regions, you should probably take a wetsuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment