Monday, June 3, 2013

Back in the saddle

Didn't seem like there'd be much wind today, but the forecast filled in as the day progressed so I headed down the beach after work. Looked like I'd be able to get away with the Flite…

Well, just. Losing ground if I don't work it hard and go without stunts on at least one tack. But I have a good time doing rotations; get some good ones in, bork up some too.

Brain is getting in the way sometimes and I forget which hand I'm supposed to pull to redirect—very nearly do a double front spin kite-loop by accident :o got me thinking though… which is dangerous!

So good session, bit under-powered but happy to be riding again!

Moment of the day was that first perfect double front-spin.
Mood of the session was ho-ho-ho! oof!

Weather was reported as 11 knots falling to 4, gusts to 18. 23˚C at 66%.
Wind felt like 15 knots falling to 10 with gusts to 18. Just powered 50%, comfy powered 50%. 100% wanting more!

What I learned today…
• Redirecting the kite gives it some sink when doing front spins.
• Gotta really whip yourself around with the less-floaty kites.
• Power in the kite determines what stunts you can do, or how cool they look.
• Very incomplete front-spin down-loop transition, landing with the board almost backwards upwind, can result in cool powered carves into the other direction!

No comments:

Post a Comment