Friday, May 24, 2013

Enough already!

Another light wind session. Seemed a tad more wind to begin with so I thought I could get out on the Flite. I could but it wasn't inspiring so... Praise Jesus!

4 days in a row; one the same as the other... and sometimes that's not a bad thing.

Golden moonbeams on the water to guide me home… magic!

Moment of the day was landing the triples.
Mood of the session was yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah…
It sucks when the kite you want to be out on just ain't enough.

Weather was reported as 4 to 8 knots, gusts to 12 (?) 22˚C at 59%.
Wind felt like 10 to 15 in the good bits.

What I learned today…
• Rolls are body more horizontal than vertical; flips, board goes over the head; spins, body more vertical that horizontal. I'm a spinning fool!
• Using your legs for maximum pop is good for jumps and…
• doing the same when going for rotations is the best way to ensure vertical travel instead of flying downwind.
• Timing of the redirect is more important with front-rolls. Sorry, front-spins.
• Double-spins are easy with the Flite too but watch the timing of the redirects.
• Might be over-doing it—my ribs hurt :(

No comments:

Post a Comment