Thursday, June 27, 2013

You win some, you lose some

Low-wind forecast, hoping for a bit more but got what we got it was ok.

I was the only one constantly riding. Hooray for Jesus! Still, a bit of a struggle for a while, til the thermal kicked in, I guess. Even then it was pretty iffy - only a few double rotations, and even singles were a bit tough.

Then I discovered that by popping when doing hand-drag backrolls, you actually can do a kinda-backroll kiteloop :D so I did a lot of them.

Lost my Sharks doing one. Get this - they fell off my head, the strap looped over my heel and the force of the water pulled the strap off the glasses. So I found the strap, floating... but not the glasses. Gah!

Gave it up after the sun slipped behind the hills.

Moment of the day was landing the first kite-loop back-roll. Duh!
Mood of the session was dissapointed greatly amused.

Weather was reported as 6-8 knots, gusts to 16. 25ÂșC at 73%.
Wind felt like... well, I was only just going upwind most of the time. A trick per tack would be just holding ground, except for the rare occasions the wind picked up.

What I learned today...
• Really gotta secure glasses with a leash for them to be 100% loss proof :
• Kiteloop backrolls!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment