Monday, June 24, 2013

Variations on a theme

There wasn't supposed to be any wind at all, but there was a bit of a puff when I walked out the door at work. So I stopped off at home and grabbed the togs...

Just me and the skinny man at the lake - I reckon I could make a ride out of it.

Out with the great white lumbering Jesus... onto the water with the Flydoor, powered enough to have some yahoos.

Try to perfect my single front-rolls, but just can't get them sorted with big air... only the half-hearted low-level solos work. Doubles work fine :) Even nailed some mighty double back rolls!

Then I start playing with hand-drag back-roll transitions, and discover they're actually easier done as just as back-rolls, the loop being a proper kite-loop :o hmm, maybe I'll be able to dark-slide or back-roll kite-loop eventually!

So it was a loop and roll fest till dark-ish. Back in the car by 8pm.

Moment of the day was that double back-roll that was so totally under control. I might have it sussed now, or at least know what I'm looking for ;)
Mood of the session was LOL bah har.

Weather was reported as 10 knots, gusts to 14. 25˚C at 75%.
Wind felt like 10 to 15 knots :D just-powered, a few times we got close to having-fun-powered.

What I learned today...
• I'm out of shape... totally exhausted!
• Foot-out loop transition may be a bit ambitious when you've only ever landed two foot-outs on that side! An amusing splash, nonetheless.
• Foot-outs on my other side feel as awkward as trying to use chopsticks with your feet.
• Can kinda do one-handed backrolls, as a stepping stone to grabbed rolls... need a bit of work.
• Carve harder for front-rolls.
• More vertical launch for double back-rolls.
• For the back-roll hand-drag loop thing... just do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment