Friday, July 8, 2016

Was definitely better

Very light forecast, 6 to 8 on the hourly update...off to the lake!

15 is out of action but I could have gotten away with it, and would have had a good time down looping the transitions, but such is life.

Had a fab time with the 21 til 6, when the wind just picked up enough to make it uncomfortable: 8 to 10, gusts to 16 apparently. 

So I'm at the stage with the foil of gybing with almost 100% success...so long as I don't switch feet. And only if I don't try to ride goofy. If I do change feet, either before or after gybe, odds are better than even it's successful though, and even misplacing the feet there's still a good chance of success. I even managed to attempt a half-dozen foiling changes, best one slapping the water briefly. Huh, might just be possible...certainly easier when there's power in the kite.

Buddy who broke his Spotz and lost the fuse and wings now has an Access, and it NOSIY. I can hear it for miles, almost literally. Shame. 

No comments:

Post a Comment