Sunday, July 3, 2016

Could have been worse

Crappy forecast but a front was due at three so I thought I'd escape the house for some quiet time staring at the far side of the lake, waiting/hoping for wind.

When I arrived there was actually enough wind to foil on the 15 so that was great; had the lake all to myself for an hour. Then the wind picked up and I swapped to the TT and had some fun jumping around...after I fought out the two tip tangles that just out not come undone. Had to drag one across the water but the other had made itself a knot which needed landing...

Then the storm front moved in. Wind got nasty and punchy so I headed back to the beach.

Just as I reached the shore, yet another gust collapsed the kite, then it opened and lifted me again. Not worried, no problem...but just as I picked me up, *that* line snapped and the kite looped hard, lobbing me at the beach. Thankfully the sand had been fluffed up some and I managed to take it on the feet like a small jump. The kite had lost shaped so it didn't pull me all the way down (just a jerk), and it stayed on the ground, so I pulled the QR after a moment of watching and making sure I wasn't broken, and Miyachi got a hand on the kite.

Quick pack up and a rush back to the clubhouse before the massive downpour hit...

Got to eyeball the Alpine Access v2 too. Very nice it was. I want a ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment