Monday, July 11, 2016

More mellow moves

Another light forecast, actual wind recorded was 4 to 8, gusts to 12.

Started on the 21, wind picked up a little and I wanted to try the 12.

Guess that was when it was 12 knots, but the kite was just too peaky on the power and required high-speed runs and aggressive carves, but really wasn't any fun. I switched the 21 bar with the 6m extensions, and it improved the length of the power pulse, but the wind had dropped and it sucked so I went back out on the 21.

Lovely mellow session, slightly overpowered on the 21 at times but nice riding. I should really start to try tacks . . .

Miyachi tried to go out on the Naish foil (identical to the LF) which he'd bolted to a TT but it was too light and he gave up. I left my LF board there for him, in case he can get out when I can't . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment