Thursday, July 14, 2016

A new category!

Was actually looking forward to another foil session, with the big Speed and maybe switching to the XB13 as the wing picked up. . . .

Nope.

Got in maybe 20 minutes before the rain started, slowly enough at first that I thought I might be able to keep riding until it passed as it wasn't so heavy. . . .

Nope.

The wind dropped and the kite stalled, and I couldn't relaunch it even though I had feet on the bottom. The board had shot off, floating downwind towards the rock breakwater and I just couldn't be bothered replacing bashed up wings, so I wrapped up the bar and lines and left the kite, swimming for the board. Figured I could swim back for the kite and drag it in at my leisure. . . .

Nope.

The wind had dropped because it had shifted to off-shore. By the time I got the board, the kite was already moving away fast enough that I didn't want to risk swimming for it. So I went and got Miyachi and the boat . . . which was a good call, because it was hauling ass towards the opposite side of the lake :o

Luckily it missed all the nasty "No jet skis" signs and their sharp edges, and we got it on the board without much hassle, tangles or taking on a mountain of water. So it was easy to pack it, and the untangling took just a few moments. . . .

So, first time to be rescued. Kinda.


No comments:

Post a Comment