Sunday, May 4, 2014

Damn working. Just... damn it.

Rush after work to get to the beach for the fading light, and the forecast fading wind. Was still pretty good when I arrived, so I took the XB10 and the S3 12 across to the lake after the fasting wet suiting up in history.

Hmm, I think I could risk the 12 and be ok and maybe get a longer ride when the wind drops but... dang, I grabbed the P4 19 instead! So I set up the 10m...

Well, it was ok for about a half hour, then it sucked. So I went back across the road for the 12... it was ok for about an hour then it sucked.

But altogether it was better than nothing.

Weather was reported as 12 to 13 knots, gusts no more than 28 which was at 12 so that's irrelevant. 15˚C at 55%.
Wind felt like ok powered falling to having to walk. Maybe, 15 knots with peaks to 20 at the start

What I learned today...
  • Some stitching has come undone on my Switch wetsuit :(
  • I love the S3 12 - it's the only Flysurfer that's never disappointed me in some way, usually by something breaking and the resultant mess putting holes or tears in the canopy.

No comments:

Post a Comment