Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Gusty but epic!

Good looking forecast today for the afternoon... hit the lake after lunch.

Take the 12m Speed3 to the lake and the Flite. But the wind is good! Too good for the 12m and the waist harness so I go back for the seat and 10m XB, just in case.

Nope don't need the 10, the 12 is boosting epic! So that's nice. Wind is a bit gusty... some nasty moments with the kite but if I keep on top of it, it's all good. Lots of great jumps and some nice rotations, although I did balls up a front spin transition and tip tangle the kite... lucky.

3 and half hours! Bloody good effort on my part... I'm going to pay for it tomorrow though.

Moment of the day was boosting off a wave, down-looping the transition and carving down the wave, running out in front of it then carving back up to boost out the top of the same wave! What fun!

Weather was reported as 10 to 14 knots, gusts to 22; 18˚C at 40%.
Wind felt like more than that! 20 to 25 I thought, in the good bits.

What I learned today...
  • Don't eat lunch so soon before putting on a harness.
  • Need drain holes in the legs of the Cyclone2.
  • Adjust the straps on the Limited.

No comments:

Post a Comment