Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Here comes the rain

Southerlies again, so off to Mie and the Yacht Harbor. Rain forecast but it's light so I may get away with it.

Nope. Wind is good but it's hosing down. Wait, what's that off in the distance...? A sail? Dang, if the pole dancers are out what excuse do I have?

Set up as the rain drops a bit and it seems good. Easy rider time. Waves are crappy and mushy, not much good for boosting off :(

Good play time; would have been a good session to try some kite loop tricks but I was feeling like a real pussy today and just couldn't commit. Did some spiffy rotations though.

90 minute session, then the wind dropped and didn't come back. So I got a soggy kite to deal with tomorrow but it was worth it.

Weather was reported as 19 falling to 13 knots; gusts to 28. 15˚C at 92% and 2 to 5mm of rain.
Wind felt like just powered to underpowered but getting back to my start, before just giving up.

What I learned today...
  • I don't have a tow point to attach the SurfSafe too...?!?
  • Need to suck it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment