Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Either I've been REALLY spoiled by Thailand . . .

or just today was gusty crap. Cos if it's always like this, then . . . well. I remember Thailand being forever smooth :(

Came and went all afternoon. Got out on the Flydoor, on the Dialer, then had a drink and went back out on the 'door.

Now, I've not much to say cos it wasn't an epic session but FOR THE EVERLASTING LOVE OF JESUS CHRIST why would you take your stupid pre-school brats, walk in a straight line from the break in the trees opposite the carpark at the clubhouse, and park your ass on the beach in the middle of everyone launching and landing AND put your stupid brats in the water in the middle of everyone leaving the beach?

You know you're being a FUCKING MORON when the JAPANESE guys are saying you're a fucking moron. And you should fucking know better cos your husband is a fucking instructor!!!

I'm trying really hard to /rant.

Moment of the day was that proper carve!
Mood of the session was whee bah whee!

Weather was reported as 12 knots gusting to 22...? 29˚C at 50%?!?
Wind felt like 10 to 15 knots, gusts to 20.

What I learned today . . .
• The XB is slo-ooow!
• Boost height is a little better than the Flite (MAYbe) but you get more loft out of sending it but only if you do it j-u-s-t right.
• Going from the Dialer to the Flydoor - I kept wondering if I'd snagged a fin on one of the little kids. Drag, much?
• Better to put the harness on loose? Certainly easier to wiggle it down and get the straps outa my ass crack.
• Backspin transition no loop - get aggressive and redirect early to get a yank and get planning sooner.
• Oh I remember - loosen the harness off . . . lessens the relentless wedgies.

No comments:

Post a Comment