Friday, August 2, 2013

Better. Keep working on it

Good forecast for a change, due in around 2pm. Watching the JMA and webcam like a hawk... do some laundry (!) then head off about 2:30pm. Get to the lake and it's still not arrived, really. Take the Flite and the XB13 over the lake with both TTs.

Hum n' harr for a bit... go with the Flite and the Z. Out of the gates it's ok, the water isn't hacked up yet so it's easy upwind but I'm not super-powered.

Wind drops, I swap to the Flydoor. Wind drops right off, I land the kite and wait. Repeat several times.

Get a few multiple rotations, one really good jump but mostly it's just low-level dicking around. Had hoped for so much more... maybe I should have gone with the 13 :(

Wind picks up really well for one last run... not having fun with the Z in the extra slop n' chop so I go back to the Flydoor. Easier to ride!

Moment of the day was either the solitary Big Jump or the really phat, lazy, perfect front roll.
Mood of the session was fine hmm whee!

Weather was reported as 12 to 15 knots, gusts to 22; 30˚C at 68%.
Wind felt like I should have been boosting higher, given the effort it was to hang on to the bar.

What I learned today...
• Slow steering = heavy bar pressure but not much slower. Smoother, I think though.
• Those bloody screws in the Z need to be loctited!
• Less extreme penetration deep anal sex with a wetsuit on... it was downright comfortable for the first 2 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment