Thursday, October 11, 2012

Short'n'sweet

JMA had an awesome forecast, but GPV was very blah. Was a bit desperate so I went anyway...

Got down to the lake and onto the water about 4pm with the S3 15 and the Flyradical. Had a bit of fun then the wind died off and I got onto the Flydoor and then the wind completely died. Waited around for a while then gave up and went home.

Master of Disaster was already on the water when I arrived so it was just him'n'me for a while. Then Turkey and Mr Fujii arrived, and a bit later that guy with the Cult. Nobody had much joy though... considering I was worried that I'd need a smaller kite when I arrived, it was a bit sad!



Mood of the day was relaxed mellow fatalistic.
Moment of the day was twigging to what's wrong with my front-rolls.

Weather was reported as 10 knots falling to 9, gusts to 18 well after I'd left. 22°C at 63%.
Wind felt like 10 to 15 knots and not much else.

What I learned today...
• 50kg + 12m RPM + directional < me + Flyradical (!) + S3 15. Ni-iiice!
• Turkey is apparently the Apprentice of Disaster - tried to self-launch his kite with 3 lines attached.
• I seem to be swinging my feet behind me on front-rolls, or somehow doing the rotation 'off axis' so I'm sabotaging my landings. Hmm... doing something wrong then - off to YouTube!

No comments:

Post a Comment