Thursday, October 4, 2012

Fits'n'starts

Another kick-ass forecast on ALL sites - turned out to be C-R-A-P. Went to the lake at 11 and it was southerlies :-/ so I went to Hikone for lunch, where it was ROCKING big wind. Went back to the lake - nothing. Went to Kusatsu and bought some hot-swap drive bays and went back to the lake. Oh something has arrived... bout time!

Toddle over to the beach about 2pm I guess. Wind is up but I have both the Flydoor and the Flyradical just in case. Up goes the 15 and out I go...

On the Flydoor. Yeah, I'm going upwind ok so I swap it for the 'radical.

Ride around doing my thing... wind is all over the place though, and we all are in and out of the water. Get some groovy big jumps, some excellent rotations, some great footouts! Spend a lot of time working the kite and struggling back to shore too...

Catching wind in fits'n'starts. Better than sitting in front of the telly. Head home at 4:30pm.

PS. just got an email from Miyachi - he took some more photos! Flying one-footed fatties of the world, unite and take over!

This is how I roll a.k.a these are my rolls

Vanilla jump, looking backwards cos why not

Vanilla tailgrab

Tailgrab in preparation for a footout

First footout on film!

Backroll taking off

Backroll coming in to land


Moment of the day was throwing up a big backroll, getting lofted in the middle but having the sense to sheet out and ride it out nicely.
Mood of the session was relaxed worried irritated.
It sucks when you whoop up a big foot out then the wind dies at the peak of the jump... splash!

Weather was reported as 16 to 18 knots, gusts to 26. BALLS again. 24°C at 75%.
Wind felt like dangerously overpowered at times - but not. Up'n'down like a yoyo.

What I learned today...
• The forecasts can be completely wrong :-/ can't even trust the webcam, some days.
• That's about it really :o

No comments:

Post a Comment