Saturday, July 7, 2012

Ah well ... good enough

Had to work again so according to the forecast, I was going to miss the best wind in the afternoon and catch the tail-end crap after 5. Which is precisely what happened ...

21 was up and went out on the 'radical ... was ok but the lulls were coming so I swapped to the 'door, for more board speed and better jumps but - well, it was all pretty lame. I was really off my game and couldn't land shit; got dropped and dumped like the village bike. I blamed the wind but over and over again, I dropped like a stone from the zenith - the kite just wouldn't redirect enough to fly me down.

Probably got an hour's riding in before the wind really sucked ass and I packed up. Oh well. Tomorrow promises to be better ... so long as the pole-dancers don't hog the water and beach :-/

Mood for the session was annoyed disappointed sated.

Moment of the Day was

Song stuck in my head was Tones of Home by Blind Melon. I'm flying home ...

Weather was reported as 13 falling to 9 knots with gusts of dick-all; 21.9°C at 85%.
Wind felt like I was powered but let me down with being gutless when it counted.

What I learned today ...
• Need to tune the 21.
• Wish I'd been able to flight-test the P4 19 - probably would have been a good time to get a handle it. But that HQ bar is ... nasty.
• I can still tweak that ankle in no wind :(

No comments:

Post a Comment