Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Scooz me while I kiss the sky

Oof, dang. All the internets said the wind would be lighter than yesterday and falling off.

Nope.

We got 18 to 20 knots and gusts to 28 (if the weather station is to be believed). I swear it wasnt blowing that when I arrived, decided on kit and set up.

Started off light, just going upwind on the Limited, doing some rotations (fail central) then it just went all bat-shit insane.

I forgot how much fun it is to fly and float, Flysurfer style. Or just how big you can actually go on the 21. Or just how much effort it takes to hold all that power down... but, dang, it's worth the effort!

But after an hour of huge air, just big air won't cut it. Had to go to work anyway :(

What I learned today...
  • There's a bit of a trick to jumping the big Speed, which took me a time to get back. Seems to be just holding the line then, releasing the edge and popping hard. Mind you, every time I thought I had it, the same method didn't work the next time...
  • I get the most giggles and cackles out of the FSers by far... along with the most hair pulling.

No comments:

Post a Comment