Wednesday, April 23, 2014

You chose... wisely.

Good forecast, wind was better... lots of running around getting a babysitter and it meant I had to cut my session short to go back, but at least I got some time on the water.

Started off lightish and I hummed and barred about whether or not to go with the 19 and cross my fingers that it doesn't pick up too much... go with the Psycho4 19.

Was light but riding fine. Fun with stunts... wind picked up and it became more of a huck-fest, but the Psycho is just so powerful that I got pulled off my edge unless I was careful - a few lo-ooong low floats across the lake resulted.

Could have stayed for another couple of hours easy... would have had to swap kites though.

Mood of the session was ohh? ohh! ooooh!

Weather was reported as 10 to 18 knots, gusts to 22; 16˚C at 49%.
Wind felt like... well, slightly underpowered but going upwind ok, to rethinking the 19 in favor of a smaller faster, more fun kite.

What I learned today was...

  • Need to tickle up the Psycho4 - bar and bridles.
  • M-U-S-T sort out the Speeds!!!
  • Love the Limited!
  • Loops on the Psycho - lift and pull OMG!

No comments:

Post a Comment