Thursday, April 10, 2014

I didn't set up the 10m.

Forecast looked good. Got the chores done then went down the lake. Miyachi watched the little guy and I went out...

Took the 10m and 7m to the lake as there were gusts blowing sand around. Thought about setting up the 10m...

Thank Jesus! I didn't set up the 10m.

As I was about to start pumping the 7m, I heard a "Help-u me" from behind and turned to see  Niki-san sliding towards me with his kite at the zenith, horribly over-powered. I grabbed the back of his harness and we walked/levitated back up the beach so he could dig himself into the sand and lower the kite to land it.

An auspicious start! Went out on the 7m and it was ok for a while, then it dropped, then it picked up.

Thank Jesus! I didn't set up the 10m.

Yeah, so, at first I had a hard time getting the big air but then I dialed in the board and kite and... yeah, fuckin' whee! That was good for a while then the wind picked up some more and gets gusty with it... start getting dropped and missing landings - need to learn - sorry man-up - to loop it.

Had to go to work so I came in after 90 minutes... long hard 90 minutes though!

Weather was reported as 14 to 12 to 15 knots (LOL) with gusts to 28 (at least); 13˚C at 68%.
Wind felt like 25 knots dropping to 20, gusts to more than 30. The last 20 minutes were pushing the 7m over its limit... awesome! So it was WOOHOO for 20 minutes, Hohum for 10, AWW YEEAAAAH for 30 and OMFG for the last 20.

What I learned today...
  • I probably could do with a 5m.
  • Thank Jesus! I didn't set up the 10m.
  • Should have taken the Mako with me, but the Limited did well in the waves anyway.
  • Need to learn how to loop.
  • Thank Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment