Thursday, April 5, 2012

Riding in the rain...

... sucks.

Forecast was for the rain to come through then stop - which it did - not for it to start raining again :( I wanted to try out the 16m Xbow again so set that up and got into the water with Miyachi and Taki.

Man, what a gyp. At first, the wind was fine and there was no rain so it was ok, but I'm not really enjoying the kite - too much bar pressure and I'm not getting good drive. Then the rain starts and the wind (apparently) is all shifty cos although I'm feeling powered, I can't actually get upwind.

Keep riding for a while but give up in disgust - about 15 minutes before it stops raining :-/ now my kite is soggy, my gear is soggy, the kite bags are soggy... le sigh.

Moment of the Day was the nice warming vodka shot when I got home.

Weather was reported as 14 knots, falling to... 3 :o at 8.7°C 80%. Gusts no more than 20 knots.

What I learned today...
• Not even worth trying to ride in the rain.
• You can't wait it out.
• Xbow 16 has too much bar pressure for me now - I've been spoilt by the smaller kites and more technically effective Flysurfers.
• Of course, it might be the 5mm gloves causing the forearm pump :o

No comments:

Post a Comment