Friday, April 6, 2012

Light-wind workout

Forecast looked good so I tripped down the lake at 12 and had a look. Mmm, looks bloody cold out there... I'll shoot off to Immigration and wait for it to warm up a bit.

Got back about 3 and Taki was out on the water. Miyachi reckoned it would be ok and the sun was out so it was warmish. Took the 16 Xbow and Flydoor over to the lake again...
The 'bow is mostly dry from yesterday's horror show so I only need to flick the sand off. I lay the bag out on a stump to dry out...

Onto the water, I'm feeling as powered as yesterday but am going upwind, which is nice. Bar pressure still feels massive though! Some tiny jumps and some half-assed rotations but the wind is dropping.
I unpack and launch the Speed3 21 but now the wind has totally dropped, so I land it and pack everything up. Le sigh again.

WagonR Guy got stuck down past the marina when the wind dropped... he had a good ol' walk back to the launch spot. So it could have been worse!

Moment of the Day was not having to walk.

Weather was reported as 10 knots, falling to 6 at 6.1°C 66%. It was cold enough that you could see your own breath! Yet my body was warm. Weird.

What I learned today...
• I need a big inflatable kite with less bar pressure!!!
• A good load'n'pop is essential to jumping bigger. I knew that already in my head, but seeing it work on the water set it in stone. Ok not seeing - feeling.
• Should have gone with the S3 21 straight away... that would have made it a gravy session :(

No comments:

Post a Comment