Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Another good one

But a bit chilly...

After a drive from my new work location - way the hell out the other side of the state highway :-/ I finally arrived at the lake around 4:45. Wind looked great! Got dressed and decided to leave off the boots and gloves... took the Flyboards and 13m Xbow over to the lake.

Kickin'! Boosting big, pretty much at the limits of the kite I reckon. It started misbehaving in the gusts but not badly. I did, however, have to trim it all the way at one time - got difficult to hold the edge while riding.

It was pretty awesome being able to boost big jumps time after time on a single tack and still be making ground upwind :)

I kept riding till the sun started getting close to the hills and thought about packing up, then Soh showed up so I didn't stop :D we were the last two on the water as it got dark... the wind had died by then so I packed up, feeling satisfied.

Mood was mellow satisfied bemused.

Moment of the Day was another front roll, that went up up up and round and down oh so smooth. Just like I meant to do it that way ;)

Weather was supposed to be only 6 to 8 knots :o but I'd pull the trim strap all the way in on the 13. 11°C at 78% and gusts of only 20 knots... you're letting me down, JMA.
Wind felt like I was 30% powered but not riding upwind, 65% over-powered but loving and 5% over-powered: check my shorts!

What I learned today...
• 15°C is enough to go without gloves and boots. Right about the time the cherry trees blossom ;)
• Water is still too cold to be trying to do rotations and getting dunked... brain freeze!
• I should probably have put up my 10.
• Or the 12m Speed3...
• If there's waves on the water like there was tonight, probably a good idea to use the Mako.

No comments:

Post a Comment