Saturday, August 20, 2011

Why did I bother?

Cos I couldn't possibly know till after the fact. Went to the lake for the 2pm fun fest of 12 to 16 knots. Got something.

Put up the 16m Xbow. The wind was blowing but it wasn't pushing.
Put up the Speed2 19. Still not enough wind then HOLY CRAP gusty slam invert yoink splash give up.
Got back on the Xbow. A little better but not much - no jumping fun, took all my effort just to get riding. 
Wind drops off. Think about putting up the Speed2 again - already packed it up once though.

Wind comes back so I go back out. It's better for a short while and I'm starting to have fun when suddenly I'm over-powered on the Flydoor, so I grab the 'radical but I'm not loving that cos it just sprays in my face non-stop. I go back to grab the Flydoor as the sun is starting to set and get skunked. Can't relaunch the fucking 'bow and now my lines are caught in water weeds underwater so that's fucked.

Wade to shore, now the kite is soggy and covered in sand and my lines are a bunch of knots. It's getting dark, I'm getting bitten by mosquitos ... why did I bother today? I got no satisfaction at all :(

Moment of the Day was the beer when I got home.

Wind speed was recorded as 10 to 14 knots with gust over 20 ... and shifted from NE to NW. Crappy.

What I learned today ... 
• LEI can still get soggy and be useless.
• You can recover and inverted Speed2. Thank god.
• Front rolls - still hard.
• Back rolls - dialed in ... maybe. Easier with the 'bows on the redirects that's for sure.
• I'm starting to hate the Flyradical - going to change the footpads around and see if that helps :(

No comments:

Post a Comment