Friday, August 6, 2010

Alas! My poor Door is no more!

Went back to Mie today with the wife ... wind was a little better, more consistently around 14 knots - contrary to the forecast!

I had my Door with me this time and it made all the difference. Into the water, up on the board and riding! Had a good long play in and out to my starting point, although I didn't make much ground upwind ... not a big fan of waves yet! The wind died off a bit so I had a rough time of fighting out through the waves only to be pushed back into shore and being unable to ride out past the waves.

The wind picked up again and I got out riding for a while. Noticed the wife had come back from her walk and was watching so thought I'd show off and throw down a big jump. Going out fast, I carved hard up the face of a wave and popped over the top! Felt like my biggest jump on the water but I bet it was no more than 2 meters from board to water, but I hit with a nice slap! and then another slap! and rode for a few feet before toppling over forwards.

Uh?

Try to get back up, no joy and the board feels mushy. Looks ok, what's going on? Water-start back towards shore, now I can see the back bending ... I've bent the board from edge to edge at the outside bolt hole for the right footpad :(

Bah! Not only have I ruined my favourite board, but ruined the rest of the day cos I didn't bring another board!

And ... when I was packing up, I noticed that the Speed's chicken loop is looking very munted :(

Cost per session for the Door - $14 ... not bad, I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment