Sunday, May 31, 2015

In which I face-plant from several meters above the water

Started out light and built up.

I got out on the 21 and the Origin for about 30 minutes, just in case it continued not following the forecast. Flat-bottomed boards just aren't as locked and loaded feeling as the channeled boards. By the time I don't need to ride the 'door, I can get on the Limited so I think I either want an Ultra or will just get rid of the Origin and leave it at that.

Swapped out for the 15 and had a good time. Ok jumps, so I got into some tricks. Started doing some foot outs until, near the end of the day, the chicken loop snapped at the apex of a jump.

I was ended up falling and hitting the water in a staple, with the board still on my feet. Thought the spreader bar had gone again, but nope. Nothing hurt but my pride... although I had an odd, very localized ache in my left leg... gone now, so not broken or anything.

Fuckin' CLs. That's the fourth FS one I've broken. Looks like the hook is wearing through the PU tube and then the rope is just letting go, which it shouldn't cos I'm guess it's rated to thousands of pounds, so maybe it's rotting as water gets in...

Checked all my others... the 21 is borderline, the 12 is fine; 55cm Cab bar has holes, the two 48cm bars are fine; and of course the North bar is fine. Hmm... will either replace with Switch CLs or try adding another layer of PU.

Might flick a mail to FSer...

No comments:

Post a Comment