Sunday, May 17, 2015

Sub-10 knots... Believe it, or not

Light wind forecast but thermals may improve it. Went and waited...

About 4pm, everyone decided it was as good as it as going to get and jumped in. I joined them...

Still impressed with that 2014 Zephyr, eh. But I must have really nailed the tune for the 21 cos it rocked upwind, was super-stable and gave good lift.

Everyone gave up after a while but I kept going cow I was making headway upwind, and was still able to throw some rotation tricks. And so it went for the next couple of hours...

The wind was so light... no white caps at all, you had to stand still to see trees or stalks of grass moving. Amazing! Weather site said 4 to 8 knots, gusts no more than 14 but that was 2 hours before I got on the water...

No comments:

Post a Comment