Friday, April 19, 2013

What happened to spring?

Awesome forecast and awesome wind all day. Hauled ass to the beach; launched the kite just after 5pm I reckon. Put the 13 up (even though Miyachi thought I was mad) and left 20 meter long skid marks down the beach, just self-launching and getting it to zenith. Sheeting in sent me hovering downwind... this is going to rock!!!

Get on the water, tack, tack away for the shore, set up for a jump and... oh FFS the wind has dropped off. And so it went for the rest of the session - on and off wind, never quite delivering the goods :(

A few good boosts and elevator rides, some front- and back-rolls, some good rotation transitions but lots of gusty annoyance.

Still better than nothing!



Moment of the day was finally getting a decent boost.
Mood of the session was rah bah har.
It sucks when the wind is gusty like a night after the curry and beer.

Weather was reported as 16 to 15 knots, gusts no more than 30 at 9am :-/ 9˚C, 54%.
Wind felt like 10 to 20 knots, gusts to 25. Perhaps - cos I was trimmed for full power and it wasn't a thing.

What I learned today...
• Glad I had my gloves with me - could have done with boots too... was chilly!
• In fact, it still is chilly - bloody put the heaters away too soon :-/
• Seems I've been resorting to edging up too hard to set up jumps... use the back fin more, eh.
• Want a Razor...

No comments:

Post a Comment