Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Oh ... I'd forgotten!

Typhoon has passed through - what a pathetic fart it was. It has however reversed the wind so northerlies were forecast at 16 knots so that should be good.

And it is! It looks good when I get there at 4pm and the best is supposed to arrive at 5pm so I decide to go for the Speed3 15 ... probably means I'll have to ride the Flydoor for most of the session ...

Turns out to be a good idea! Had a great time, boosting when I could, working on nice clean load'n'pops and playing with the rotations. Back-rolls weren't working cos I got tired after an hour and went on to play with front-rolls instead ... got into the groove with them and realized I'd lost my touch a LOT at them :(

Wind is up and down, and the rest of them clear off in a big lull that I can keep riding through ;) Soh arrives later and gets on the water and I keep riding too, until he quits and it starts to get dark - cloudy.

By the time I got to the car, it was 7:45pm! Great day, really loved getting on the S3 15 again.

Mood of the session was surprised psyched.
Moment of the Day was getting the front-rolls to click again.

Song stuck in my head was Laid by James. "Shave my ass and call me pretty ..." yes I know it's wrong but I couldn't get that line unstuck or remember the right one ...

It sucks when you get the safety leash wrapped around an end of the bar.

Weather was reported as 8 to 14 knots (and back down again) at 21.5°C 78% with gusts to 19 knots at 5pm.
Wind felt like it was as reported.

What I learned today ...
• I missed the 15! What a great kite!
• You gotta keep practicing or you lose the edge. Who'd've thunk it.
• Bottom end on the 15 is pretty good too. I never had to walk and always got back upwind.
• Seems my messy launches are the result of too much weight on the front foot when I carve into the launch ... driving off the rear gives a clean carve and stronger pop.
• Looping out of transitions with the 15 was a bit hit'n'miss - didn't have the wing span to keep the lift up so I sorta got dropped, and ended up doing the loops closer to the water to just ride around the turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment