Sunday, June 10, 2012

Light wind lameness

Forecast looked good, but it wasn't. Gusty, punchy but not much power. Flew the 21 non-stop, switching between Flyradical and Flydoor. Didn't get up to much really ... bursts of wind then it'd drop off - did that all freakin' day.

Dumbass looky-loos in a boat. Dumbass gear-leavers taking over the whole beach. Dumbass learners looping and dive-bombing - everything. Dumbass directional riders trying to ride in SFA with tiny little kites. Dumbass me trying to keep on riding!

Mood of the session was teased frustrated.

Moment of the Day was not getting my gear wrapped up in other people's lines! :o

Weather was reported as 8 to 12 knots, gusts to 18 at 22°C 75%.
Wind felt like it was just fucking with me.

What I learned today ...
• Don't take your sunglasses off and leave them on the shore.
• My ankle is in need of medical attention! Bothered me on numerous occasions :(
• Trying too hard when you don't have the wind ... sucks. Over-cooked the send and got my foot 'stuck' trying to load'n'pop more aggressively than the wind could cope with on multiple occasions :(

No comments:

Post a Comment