Tuesday, March 27, 2012

What's the opposite of thermal?

Cos that's what happened this afternoon... nice hot morning, should have been great :(

Skipped down to the lake about 3:30pm, set up the 21 and got a few tacks in... then the wind died a bit. Then it picked up again and I got a few more tacks it... then it died right off.

I played about on shore waiting, but when it became obvious (even to me) that there was no more wind, I started meddling with things on the kite... like the mysteriously twisted mini-5th line. And removing the easy-un-lark's-head doohickeys that I suspect of hooking the steering lines, where the extensions meet the main lines...

So a smidge of riding, and some productive fiddling. And it was nice and sunny and warm too - maybe Spring finally HAS arrived!

Moment of the Day... well there wasn't one. Ah yes there is - the VB waiting for me in the fridge! Hurrah the import store!

Weather was reported as Northerlies ranging from 9knots and falling to 3 at 12.1°C 49%. 12 knots of gusts at 1pm... so very low wind!!!

What I learned today...
• I really want to try an Airush Sector thingy.
• Am going to try the Naish race boards again - once the water warms up!

No comments:

Post a Comment