Sunday, March 25, 2012

So it would appear...

... that I'm the only dumbass who tries to go out and ride when it's snowing, shifty and gusty. Must be true, cos nobody else even got changed into their drysuits :o

When I first arrived, I thought I'd need a 10m or smaller--it was like that! Then when I got to the lake, it had dropped to... nothing. Waited around and it was up and down. I had unpacked the Speed3 15 in the time before the wind had died off completely, but I gave up on that and went back to the car for the 21.
Even that wouldn't stay up... then the wind picked up some so I went out.

Well, I got riding and I got a few jumps in but nothing to write home about. It was shifty and punchy as hell--I got lofted 3 times while waiting on shore for the wind to pick up between lulls. It was shifting direction from W to E and everywhere in between.

THEN it started snowing...

I rode on until my face went numb but after I got lofted again, I thought fuck this and packed it in...

Moment of the Day was paragliding along the beach, carefully modulating the depower SO I DIDN'T DIE and planning to go for the QR when I got near the ground :o

Weather was all over the fuckin place... jma.go.jp says 10-13knots but if it was that constant, I'd have been loving it. 5°C falling to 2 at 89% LOL

What I learned today...
• Some days, it's just not even worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment