Wednesday, April 20, 2011

No joy

Hit the lake cos it was supposed to be crankin' and I was looking forward to trying out a smaller board from Miyachi.

Instead, there was S.F.A. wind and it wasn't looking like it was going to pick up :( took out the 16m Crossbow and tried out my lightwind LEI skills. Got a few tacks in and a single, solitary jump but was, over all crappy. Not as crappy as sitting in front of TV though.

On the other hand, the Hyperflex Access 5mm boots I bought from the Wetsuit Wearhouse were not as too small as I thought they'd be and were very comfy and warm - if you ignore the crushed toes. Size 11 is the same size as the Ion Ballistic Slippers I have but still too small ... have ordered size 12 now!

What I learned today ...
• There is no replacement for displacement - I would have been riding easily with the Silberpfeil. Thinking about all the Dyno hoo-hah, I reckon I need some extensions for the 'bow to see if I can make up some ground on the 'pfeil. Was a bit gusty and shifty though, so I might have been fishing it out of the lake which would have SUCKED.
• Really though, trying to ride in light wind sucks.
• Sometimes, no matter how groovy the kite & board, some people can ride and other can't. Had repeated occasions of being unable to get up planing while Big Brother went sailing by - and me doing the same to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment